Welcome to the first post of the New Year! I’m finally feeling better from having been sick last month (yes, it took literally over a month for me to recover, wth life). If you’ve been keeping tabs on my Instagram account, you know that I’ve been working hard on coming up with new ideas regarding Gyaru, in terms of both knowledge and… me. Part of my thing for this year is that I’m done running from Gyaru and the impact it’s made on me, so there’s that too. I’m still a bit nervous on opening up and being more out there… but whatever.
Before I jump into this weekend’s haul and picture spam, a few things that have happened:
- I finally ordered two pairs of Circle Lenses – it’s been literally five years that I don’t wear them.
- My Gyaru brand shipment came in, though I was late to three of the tops I was hoping for.
- On that note, keep an eye out for an upcoming Gyaru Sales post on social media and on the blog because my derp a$$ didn’t remember why I had made it a rule NOT to buy Garula clothing.
- Before my vacation from hell in Vegas, I’d purchased a handy dandy tripod with an iPhone adapter and it’s become my new best friend. I finally have more than just my mug to show you all!
- No, seriously. People that have known me from years back in the Gal community KNOW that getting a coord shot of me is unheard of. We can all thank my being anti-social and the camera only capturing angles where I look like a potato for that.
Here’s me being weird in 2020, btw.
I’m so out of practice with Gyaru makeup; honestly I just wing it every time I put makeup on. Sometimes it works and those are the pictures of my mug that you see, other times I end up not posting an update for months because my skills still suck, but that’s nothing that some constant practice won’t solve. I’ll post more about this with quite a few pictures in my next post!
Oh, also, I’m happy to report that my depression and anxiety has lessened significantly as of the last few days of December and I’m still going strong!
Anyway, haul time: this weekend I did a little bit of shopping since I wanted to go out. Originally, I only wanted new clothes but I ended up waking up early on Sunday morning and ended up going to Ulta since I was almost out of foundation and concealer, but of course, I end up walking out of the store with more than just that.
Weekend Haul Details
- Dress/robe – American Rag
- Shorts – Off-brand in olive and black
I fell in love with the dress the moment I saw it! It’s a see-through leopard print dress with flowers, perfect for a sweet style. I haven’t done a sweet style probably ever in my life, but it’s something I’d really like to try with this dress. As for the shorts, I actually used the black ones for my latest coord which was オラ系 inspired. Olive is one of my favorite colors, so I was happy to see that I could snag it in the BOGO sale from the shop.
- BH Cosmetics Studio Pro Shade & Define 10-Color Palette
- Revolution Beauty Conceal and Define Foundation in f8.5
- Benefit Cosmetics High Beam Liquid Highlighter
- Morphe Fluidity Full Coverage Concealer in C0.00 Bright White
- Colourpop California Love Shadow Palette
I actually used all of these items for my upcoming post (and the gif of my derp mug above). I was originally going to buy Tarte’s foundation and concealer but was surprised at how much more coverage I got with Revolution’s foundation, and for a better price. I’ve always struggled with a good contour and highlighter so I’ve had to constantly make up for it with other products, but BH Cosmetic’s palette took care of that and WOW. It’s effortless! I complemented my highlighter with Morphe’s concealer in white, mainly on the nose stripe. Overall, very happy with my haul!